Sunday afternoon my sisters and their families came over (Jill, Rob, Elaine, Charlotte, Megan, Jessica, and Matt) for dinner. The weather turned cold and it rained a lot so we had to stay inside, but it was great to get together and visit. We tried to get some good pictures of the girls together but none of them would sit still long enough to get one, so here's the best of what we got:


Just as my family was leaving that night our power went out due to the storm going on outside. And it stayed out for 23.5 hours! I don't think I've ever been in a power outage that lasted so long, and you never realize how much you use electricity until you don't have it. All night long I kept waking up because I was worried about losing all the food in our refrigerator and all of the things we wouldn't be able to get done on Labor Day without power. First thing Monday morning Nate loaded up most of our food and took it to his Grandma's house to put in her fridge and freezer, so we only ended up losing a little of our food. We really didn't do much the rest of the day, but it was nice to finally have some time to relax.
1 comment:
Cute photos. I love a new grill. And after a hurricane several years ago, we lost power for 5 days. And our house was ALL electric, meaning no hot water or gas range or gas heat/ac either.
Post a Comment