Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthday Fun

Earlier this month, I celebrated yet another birthday. After a typical day at home with Bridget, Nate's mom got into town, so we spent a little time with her before heading to Salt Lake for dinner. Being the thrifty person that I am, we opted for Buca di Beppo mostly because I had a coupon and also because Nate loves the gnocchi there. My sister Megan joined us for dinner, and you can see how excited she was to have her picture taken.
Nate practically fell out of the booth so I could get this shot of him with Bridget.

When we were done eating, Bridget decided that the bread basket made a great hat.
And Megan thought so too.
My yummy birthday cake
Nate always worries about gifts because he wants to buy me fun things but I prefer them to be more practical. I convinced him that I wanted a blower/vacuum/mulcher for the yard because I'm the one that always ends up cleaning up the tons of leaves in our yard, so that was my gift from him. Bridget got me a pretty sterling silver necklace with a tiny heart pendant that says "Mom" on one side and "I remember all the hugs you gave me" on the other side.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I like practical gifts, too. Well, if by practical you mean iTunes gift cards. :)

That necklace from Bridget sounds SO adorable.

Glad you had a fun night!