On Christmas Eve I fixed the traditional turkey dinner complete with green bean casserole, home made rolls, and sweet potatoes.
Amazingly, Santa did make it to our house that night considering Bridget decided to be very naughty all day on Christmas Eve. She's normally very happy, obedient, and helpful, so it made for a rough day. When I told her I might have to call Santa and tell him not to come because she was being so naughty, she didn't seem to care.
So here's a snippet from Christmas morning:
And here's just a few of the other gifts she received:
Disney Princess hoodie
Sesame Street CD player and song book
This bike is just a little too big for her at the moment, but she still manages to scoot around on it, and will probably be able to reach the pedals by spring.
She loves this tea set and all of the noises and songs it makes. She's served me lots of tea, and we've heard all the songs so many times already that I think we all have them memorized.
Her naughty streak continued throughout Christmas Day with multiple tantrums and time out sessions, so it wasn't quite the pleasant Christmas I imagined it to be. It also didn't help that Nate woke up with a pretty severe migraine. Luckily, she seems to be back to more of her normal self today. I'd like to just blame it on the molar she's been getting the last few days because it's certainly made her crabby and affected her sleep. At least she loves all of the fun toys, and we'll just have to hope things go better next year.
2 comments:
Glad to hear Bridget's back to her normal self. I'm sure Christmas next year will be even more exciting. :o)
Isn't it so sad when the kids don't behave on holidays? That's how our Thanksgiving was this year.
I love the video. Her face when you were telling her Santa came in the middle of the night is so funny. She looks confused. Hilarious!
I'm glad you had a good Christmas with just the three of you. I think holidays like that are always so much fun!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment