Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trip to St. George

I've been such a terrible blogger lately. I guess I feel like our lives are uneventful and even when they are, we usually forget to take pictures. And we all know that a blog without pictures is lame.
Anyway, over Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend we had the opportunity to go on a quick trip to St. George for Nate's Grandma's wedding. We did remember to take our camera, but we didn't remember to actually take any pictures while we were there.

After we got there Friday night, we met up with Nate's sister Alysha and her husband Adam for dinner and then went back to their house afterward. Nothing too exciting after that except for visiting in Nate's parents' hotel room while Bridget was asleep in ours.

On Saturday, we got ready and then headed over to another hotel where the wedding took place. It must admit that attending the wedding of an older couple like this was new for me and a little different from all the other weddings I've been to. After the ceremony and luncheon we had the rest of the day to spend with Nate's family. Alysha and Adam volunteered to watch Bridget while she napped so we could go with the rest of the group to the Parade of Homes that was going on that day. Nate and I only had time to go to a couple of homes before we needed to break off from the group to run some errands. One of the two homes we went to was listed at $3.5 million, and it was fun to walk through such an extravagant home.

On Sunday, we stopped at my sister Jessica and brother-in-law Matt's apartment on our drive home to celebrate Matt's birthday. Dinner was delicious along with the birthday pie & cake. You can tell from this picture that Bridget especially loved the pie. I'm not quite sure why, but lately she always squints when she smiles (I think she thinks it makes her smile bigger).
And after stuffing ourselves with all that food, we decorated heart-shaped sugar cookies. Thanks, Matt, for letting us spend your birthday with you!

Funny Bridget quote of the week:
I was trying to get Bridget to lay down on the floor so I could change her diaper and told her that she needed to cooperate because she smelled like poopy diaper. As she's lying there, she says, "Mommy, you smell like candy." I laughed and said that was good because candy smells good and a lot better than a poopy diaper. It was also random because anytime you ask her what something smells like her reply is always, "Pumpkin."

2 comments:

April said...

What a funny girl. Mason smiles like that too sometimes, maybe it is a 2 year old thing :)

Emily said...

I've never attended a wedding for an older couple either. I'll bet it was much more low key than other weddings.

I love the Parade of Homes. I'd love to have walked through a 3.5 mil house. So awesome!

I love the picture of Bridget. Her squinting is so funny.

P.S. My blog sometimes doesn't have pictures and it certainly isn't boring! :)