My birthday was on a Friday, and after spending the morning cleaning my house in preparation for the family we'd be having over that weekend, I did have a relaxing and fun evening. Nate even got off work a couple of hours early.
For dinner, we went to Salt Lake to have dinner with my sisters and brother-in-law at an Italian restaurant called Tucci's. I'd only eaten there once several years ago and remembered it being good, and it was. One of the owners "Papa Tucci" was actually the one to wait on us which included him singing "Happy Birthday" to me in Italian. They even put a candle in my slice of turtle cheesecake. Even if we didn't do anything extraordinary to celebrate, it was a nice birthday overall.
My birthday celebration even continued throughout the weekend because my sisters and their kids that arrived from Arizona wanted to celebrate too. So Sunday, we had the whole group over to our house for dinner, birthday cake, and homemade ice cream. This celebration also included my nephew Asher who was turning one just a few days later. It was great to have family around, even if it was a very short visit.

2 comments:
I can't believe you didn't post a picture of you in your new hat, which screams thirty, flirty, and thriving!
I'm a HUGE Tucci's fan. I need to get there some day.
Happy Birthday, way belated. I'm excited to turn 30, but ya, I feel the same as you in that I don't feel like I've accomplished all that much.
Post a Comment