Sunday, June 5, 2011

Felicity's Blessing Day

Perfect day
Beautiful girl
Wonderful blessing

Deciding when to bless Felicity proved to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but we finally decided on June 5th - just one day shy of her being 2 months old. Several of my family members were in town over Memorial Weekend (see previous post), but that weekend didn't work for Nate's parents. We decided it was important for Grandma and Grandpa to be here for it, and we also hoped it might be better weather since we were planning to do a luncheon in our backyard afterward. It was a good thing we went with the day we did because the weather was perfect (about 80 degrees) and the weekend before was chilly and rainy.

My only fear in waiting as long as we did was that she might not fit into the blessing dress I made. It's the same dress Bridget wore, and it was huge on her because I didn't plan on blessing her at 5 days old when I made it. Bridget grew very quickly both in length and chubbiness, so I anticipated the same with Felicity. Luckily, the dress fit Felicity perfectly.

Lots of good food and great family

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm glad the weather cooperated. Felicity looks so cute in her pretty dress. I'm so in awe of your sewing skills. I wish I had some of that talent!