Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Trip to West Yellowstone

I love West Yellowstone in the fall. Town and the lake are much quieter, and the colors are gorgeous.
This is the second year in a row we've gone to visit Nate's parents in October, and I'm pretty sure it will have to be an annual tradition to go this time of year.

My sister, Megan, joined us on our trip this time which was also fun. The weather was a little chilly, but at least there wasn't any snow - just some rain on Sunday. We didn't get there until around 7pm Friday night. Saturday we just hung out around the house while Nate and his dad worked on a home improvement project. Then Saturday night we headed into town for dinner at a restaurant called Bullwinkle's. For various reasons we didn't make it there during our June and July trips, so I'd been waiting to go back to this restaurant for a year. When we went last October, I ordered their buffalo burger and had been dreaming about it ever since. I can easily say it was the best burger I've EVER had. And I really mean that. And I was not disappointed the second time around either.

Another great thing about West Yellowstone in October is that if you want to buy any souvenir type stuff, several of the shops have good deals going on to try to get rid of merchandise before winter. Megan and I both bought some nice hoodies for about $12, and Bridget and Megan got matching moose t-shirts for about $5.

Sunday we went to church and then hoped the rain would stop long enough for us to be able to do a campfire and make s'mores. And we got lucky! Here's we are enjoying the fire waiting for the perfect coals for s'more making.
It was a nice, relaxing trip and probably our last one until the long West Yellowstone winter ends some time in late spring. Thanks, Scott & Alice, for letting us come visit again.

No comments: