Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

We certainly don't go all out when it comes to Valentine's Day at our house. In fact, Nate and I never have and probably never will go fight the crowds to go out to eat for the occasion. And I've made him promise to never waste the money to pay the outrageous prices they charge for flowers. We don't even exchange gifts. BUT...I do like to do some simple things as a family and make it fun for our kids.

We started off the day with some heart-shaped raspberry pancakes. Nothing fancy really. I just blended up some raspberries and mixed them in with the pancake mix and some water. I had visions of doing something a little fancier, but Bridget had preschool that morning so we kept it quick and easy. We all thought they were delicious - even Felicity.
Bridget was also pretty excited to give Nate the Valentine we made for him the day before. I found this idea on Pinterest and loved how cute and easy it was:
Bridget was also excited for her Valentine's party at preschool. I found a bunch of cute ideas on Pinterest yet again and let her choose what she wanted to give out to her classmates. This cute dinosaur valentine filled with conversation hearts and white chocolate covered pretzels was her final pick:
For dinner that night, I also didn't do anything fancy - just some heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches with a copy-cat recipe of Zupa's Wisconsin Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
I had plans of making a fun treat, but we had too many other treats around so I opted not to. Maybe next year.

No comments: