Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kimberly's Birthday

My birthday this year turned out to be a very nice day, although if you asked Nate he would disagree because it didn't go quite like he had planned.

He made a nice breakfast, took care of the kids the majority of the day, cleaned most of the house, did a bunch of yard work, attempted to make a birthday cake from scratch for me, and made dinner. He felt bad because he ran out of time to get the whole house cleaned, didn't get the yard work finished, and then the cake fell quite a bit after he took it out of the oven. He made the exact same cake for me last year, so we're not sure what happened, but it was too late in the day to try and make another one so I told him to just take the girls and go buy one. Bridget's a chocoholic like me and picked out a beautiful and delicious cookies and cream cake.

We also met Megan and my cousin Lisa at Macaroni Grill for lunch. We hadn't been there in several years, but it was one of my favorite restaurants when I was in college. Sadly, it was not nearly as good as I remembered. The free birthday dessert I got was really good though, and they sing happy birthday in Italian to you so it wasn't all bad.

Like I said, it really was an enjoyable day for me. And now I'm hopefully another year wiser as well as older.
The evidence that he did in fact try to make my cake.

The cake we ended up enjoying

No comments: