Saturday, December 14, 2013

2 Months Old

Seriously, I love this kid. Now that he's much more alert and smiling, I not only get to enjoy snuggling with him, but I get to look into his bright blue eyes and see that cute smile more and more all the time.

He's definitely at his happiest just after he's eaten and had a diaper change. And he's even starting to laugh a little.

I wish I could say he was sleeping through the night and getting on some sort of a regular schedule, but I'm not that fortunate yet. He usually sleeps for a 5-6 hour stretch at night and then wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep for another 4 hours or so. And he does generally go to sleep around 9 pm and is up for the day around 7:30-8:00. But daytime is still unpredictable. During the day, he loves to be held to sleep. If you try to lay him down anywhere no matter how asleep you think he is, he almost always wakes up within a couple of minutes. So his days of taking long naps seem to have passed unless I hold him all the time. It certainly is making it harder for me to get things done.

And because he started out big, he's still a big boy. Here's his stats from his checkup:
Weight: 16 lbs. (98th percentile)
Height: 24 inches (87th percentile)
Head Circumference: 41 cm (92nd percentile)

I'm certainly getting some strong arms from carrying this kid around all of the time. I should also mention he's in 3-6 month or 6 month clothes, and even a few of the 3-6 month stuff is almost getting too small.

I'm hoping this next month brings longer stretches of sleep at night and a more regular schedule during the day.

No comments: