I think it's been 4 years since the last time I participated in Race for the Cure. I always enjoy doing it, but getting to SLC that early in the morning is always hard when you're a mom of little kids. Because it had been so long, I really wanted to do it this year, so I encouraged my sister Megan, Aunt Jennine, and her daughters and their families to register too.
We rode the train downtown which was a first for me. We had to catch the train a little before 6 am (way too early). And after all my effort to get to the train station I almost missed it because of the longest and slowest freight train preventing me from getting over the tracks to the station. Luckily, I made it just in time.
It was a beautiful day - just a little chilly and sprinkling drops of rain here and there. We all started off together, but Megan and I ended up walking the whole thing together a little ahead of everyone else. It was nice to spend time together chatting and catching up on life.
This year, I felt an increased desire to participate because of my sister Amy's current battle with breast cancer. I also love that it's always Mother's Day weekend and feel like it's a great way to think of my mom and all that she went through before it claimed her life.

No comments:
Post a Comment