At 1:00 AM, Bridget decided that an hour is just enough time between feedings and woke us up ready for more. We were planning on waking up every 2.5 to 3 hours throughout the night (we even set our alarms, just in case) so waking up after only an hour of sleep was a little frustrating. But, we made it through.
After Bridget fed for a few minutes, she got the hiccups. As they are so annoying to adults, I figure they would be worse for babies but Bridget doesn't seem to mind too much. And, I (being the mean father that I am) absolutely had to take a short video of her hiccups and Kimberly and I provide a recap of the night.
We think she might also have her nights and days goofed up but haven't proven this yet... Our other thought is that she is cluster feeding (something I found out is common, according to KellyMom.com (http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html). Regardless of what's going on, she is adorable and we love her....even if we don't get any sleep.
We realize, of course, that all new parents go through this and it is finally our turn. But, obviously this is the way it is supposed to be. How could you love someone (child, friend, sibling, parent, etc.) unless you really serve them. Parenting is all about service. I'm finally figuring out what I put my parents through...I'm amazed they kept me around.
3 comments:
I don't know if the video was intended to be funny, but I thought it was hillarious. You two sound so completely tired. I felt so bad..me and my 8 straight hours of sleep every night :) On the bright side, Bridget is adorable!
Of course it was supposed to be funny. We were very tired but were able to see the humor in it. And, you are right, she is adorable. Just wait until you get the pictures we are taking for her birth announcement...
oh my she is so cute! hahaha i remember those nights.... it does get better :)
Post a Comment