Friday, February 1, 2008

It's Alive! (Again, Finally)

Some of you know that about 3 weeks ago our computer decided to freak out. After some troubleshooting, I determined the problem was with the motherboard (aka mainboard, desktop board). Kimberly called Mark and Mark and through their Intel magic were able to find someone in Kaysville who could help.
After several trips to the store (and about $500 later), I had everything I needed to get the computer back up and running. However, since that time, the wonderful world of Windows' Blue Screen of Death has been a consistent problem. Another trip to the store (and a few emails back and forth with the General Manager) and I got new memory. NO MORE PROBLEMS!
Once again, we have a fully functional computer. Now, my project is to reinstall Windows (to get rid of a few quirky problems) and get everything installed. I am going to have a fun weekend!
Thank you Mark and Mark for your help!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Intel magic... I like it! Believe it or not, my group at Intel is all about supporting companies like the one in Kaysville, so I have gotten a lot of mileage out of your story at work. Of course, it would have been better if they had helped you without all the trips to their store and all the emailing. Less impressive, idn't it?

Emily and Dustin said...

Computer problems are the absolute worse. Isn't it annoying how dependent we are on these blasted machines? Perhaps if you invested in a Mac you wouldn't have all the problems..??? : ) Glad everything is working!