Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Few Steps

Bridget is getting closer and closer to walking by herself, and a couple of days ago she made some good progress. She will sometimes let go of things (couch, people, etc.) on her own now and take a few steps. She does really well if she goes slow and gets her balance with each step, but sometimes she gets a little too excited and then falls. Anyway, this is a short video of one of her practice sessions. I'll be surprised if she's not walking on her own by her birthday which is only about 5 weeks away!

5 comments:

Emily and Dustin said...

Holy cow! I can't believe she's walking. She looks so cute and happy walking around the house. I'll be she's so happy to be more mobile, although I'm sure it's made the parenting job that much harder. What are you going to do for her 1st birthday? Throwing a big shin-dig?

Kimberly said...

If you count having a big dinner with Nate's family as a big shin-dig, then I guess you could say so. Thanksgiving is stealing her thunder a little this year, but at least that won't happen very often and she's too little to care. We're just planning on having family over to our house that evening for cake (if anyone has room in their stomach for it) and presents.

Amber Jenks said...

Bridget is such a stinkin' cutie! I'm so glad that you post videos of her doing all the fun stuff she's learning to do! This video is adorable! I saw it the other day at work and I couldn't help but come back to watch it again! :)

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! It looks like she is taking more than just a few steps. That is awesome. So...I haven't even been to see your house yet. Next time I am home I really need to come over.

Sabrina said...

Pretty soon she will be in things that you don't want her in...By the way the house looks good.