
So I haven't been blogging lately not because I'm lazy. Our lives have been fairly mundane, so it's a good thing we have Bridget to keep it somewhat interesting. Here's just a few of her recent accomplishments:
- She's finally mastered going down the stairs, and is so good at it that she goes up and down whenever she feels like it, carting all sorts of toys or random objects with her. In fact, we hardly ever shut the baby gate anymore. And one of her favorite things to do is go down one or two steps, sit, and flip through her books. Nate and I are both loving not having to carry her anymore!
- Another one of her new skills I'm loving is her ability to clean up after herself - somewhat. If I tell her to clean something up she usually does especially if I get her started. Our house is nowhere near as tidy as I'd like, but it's a little better.
- Her vocabulary is increasing and she's recently added "baby" and "cougar" or as she says it "ca-ga." I know it's a weird word to pick up on, but she loves the cougar on my BYU sweatshirt and loves trying to repeat it when I say it. Her favorite words are by far "Dada" and "yuck," and both are said more times a day than I can count.
- Currently, she's learning to climb up onto the couch but is only successful part of the time.
- Teething seems to be an almost constant event with her. She just got her 3rd molar and from the way she's been acting today I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th is on its way soon.
- She's also learned how to show people that she's one. If you ask her "how old are you?" she holds up her pointer finger (if she's up to performing and isn't holding something in her hand).
6 comments:
She's headed to BYU, I can feel it! And then you'll have to go to Provo ALL the time to visit her :P
Okay I think I need to spend more time with Bridget. She's getting so big!
We need a babysitter tomorrow night if you really want to, Candice.
I feel bad we didn't get to see more of you in Utah too. I don't know if we even talked at the family party. Good thing we have all day chillin' for Brent's wedding. Way to go Bridget for all your new accomplishments!
How exciting!!! Sounds like she's at a really fun stage in life. I want to see a video of her showing everyone that she's one year old. :)
Wow. You must be a much better mother than Jill if your daughter cleans up after herself! Are you reading this, Jill? ;-)
Post a Comment