Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter


Easter Sunday this year was definitely more fun for us now that Bridget can participate a little more in some of the activities. After church, we headed over to Nate's Aunt Linda's house for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. Bridget was a lot slower than the older kids at getting the eggs, but she didn't care and neither did we since we don't let her eat candy anyway. Luckily, she did acquire a few things she could eat and Nate and I get to enjoy the rest. She seemed to enjoy playing with the plastic eggs more than anything, and emptying and refilling her basket kept her very entertained. At one point, she was carrying around a small chocolate egg in her warm little hand, and when she squished it the chocolate gushed out of the wrapper onto her hand. It's a good thing she doesn't like her hands to be messy, so Nate was able to wisk her into the kitchen and get her cleaned up before she made a big mess or ate any of it. The Easter Bunny was also kind enough to only bring her crayons and Elmo bubbles instead of candy.
And in all of the time I have for my own hobbies (yeah right), I did manage to make the dress she is wearing.

1 comment:

Emily and Dustin said...

Her dress is adorable. Good job, Kimberly. I wish I had your talent for sewing.

I know that candy is way unhealthy, so besides the obvious is there any other reason why you don't let her eat candy? I think it's a great idea!