Tuesday, June 9, 2009

3rd Anniversary and Il Divo

Today Nate and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. We didn't do anything super exciting to celebrate - just the usual go out to dinner and then we picked up a Marie Calendar's pie for dessert (it's hard to resist when it's their sale month). For dinner we went to Famous Dave's BBQ, and it was delicious as usual. Bridget shares my love for the cornbread muffins and kept asking for more muffin (although when she says it, it sounds more like button). We also watched our wedding DVD which I think I enjoyed more than Nate, but at least he indulged me and sat through it.Our gift to each other was splurging on concert tickets for the Il Divo concert we went to last Friday. I've loved the group since it was formed 5 years ago and introduced Nate to them not too long after we met. As we walked into the concert, it was quite obvious that at least 90% of the audience was over the age of 50, and I'm pretty sure the ladies sitting next to me were close to 70. It was an amazing concert though. I've always wanted to see them in concert and truly thought I never would because most of their tours have been outside the U.S. Here's a picture from our seats (the quality's not so great because it's off of Nate's phone):

Happy Anniversary to us!

1 comment:

Emily and Dustin said...

Happy Anniversary! It seems like you two have been married a lot longer than 3 years. Is it just me? I LOVE Marie Callendar's and wish there was one in IF. :) Glad you had a good time.