One of the things Bridget had been looking forward to for months was riding Grandpa's tractor. And she did within a couple of hours of us being there.
On Saturday, we spent a good portion of the day moving a giant firewood pile from the inside of their garage to outside. I got in a little more tractor driving and found out that I'm pretty good at stacking firewood (such a useful talent). That night we went into town and had some BBQ at one of the restaurants before heading back to the house. On our way back, we also had to stop at one of Grandpa's fire stations so Bridget could check out the fire trucks. She climbed inside all three and looked pretty cute pretending to drive such a large vehicle. Too bad we didn't have our camera with us at the time. :(
When we got back to their house that night, Bridget got to have her first ice cream cone. I know what you're thinking - we must be some sort of crazy parents that our daughter is this old already and hadn't ever had an ice cream cone. I promise she's not deprived. She did pretty well as you can tell from the ice cream goatee she's sporting here.
We originally planned to go home early Monday morning, but ended up needing to come home Sunday so that Nate and his Dad would have a full day to build us a shed before his dad had to head home. (I'll have to do a separate post about that later).
We had a great time and look forward to going back again in August!
1 comment:
Ok, I really want to see you drive a tractor. I know it's not, but the thought of you stacking wood is just so hilarious. I'm sure that skill will come in handy any day now.
Post a Comment