Thursday, July 15, 2010

Father's Day

As usual, I'm a few weeks behind in my posting. I can't believe it's mid July already and that my summer is half over. :(

Anyway, on Father's Day this year, we decided to do something we've been wanting to do for months - take Bridget to see Temple Square. It was a beautiful day and not too busy, so it was perfect.

We started off with the south visitors' center which was cool because there was a display with a cross-section of the Salt Lake Temple. Although I've been inside several times, it was cool to see where all the rooms were in relation to each other. Then we headed to the north visitors' center for what we'd being looking forward to for well over a year - taking Bridget to see the giant Christus. She's recognized and loved pictures of Jesus since she was about 12-months-old, so we knew she would love this. Sure enough, she wanted to run right up and touch him. Luckily, she was happy to stand and have her picture taken instead.
After we finished with the visitors' centers we took her over to the reflection pool because this girl loves to play in water and it gives a better view of the temple.
She was so excited to be there and loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is WAY cute. I love the picture of Bridget by the temple. That is a great way to spend Father's Day.