While waiting for him to cross the finish line, I'm sad to say I didn't get the best picture. I wasn't sure what he was wearing because he left our house in the dark early morning, and when he came around the final corner I had my camera out but got all flustered and didn't get the lens cover open in time. Bridget broke it a while back and I forgot to manually open it all the way, so here's the resulting picture:
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Nate's 1st Half Marathon
Yesterday, Nate ran the Layton Half Marathon - his first of what he hopes will be several half or full marathons. He started training for this goal 5 months ago and has also shed 30 pounds in the process! His goal for the race was to finish in 2 hours, and he was close with a finish of 2:12:09.7. To break down the stats, that's 189th (of 395) overall; 92nd (or 137) male; and 24th (of 34) for his age division.
While waiting for him to cross the finish line, I'm sad to say I didn't get the best picture. I wasn't sure what he was wearing because he left our house in the dark early morning, and when he came around the final corner I had my camera out but got all flustered and didn't get the lens cover open in time. Bridget broke it a while back and I forgot to manually open it all the way, so here's the resulting picture:
And there he is just a few feet away. It's funny because he didn't actually hear us cheering him on and ran right by us because he was so in "the zone."
I love Bridget's cheesy grin in this shot. We'll just forgive Nate's expression since he was exhausted. Bridget liked Nate's "necklace" and wanted to keep it for herself.
I'm so proud of Nate for his accomplishment. He ran the entire thing except for 2 very brief walks to drink water at the aid stations along the way. We can't wait to cheer you on at your next race sometime next spring!
While waiting for him to cross the finish line, I'm sad to say I didn't get the best picture. I wasn't sure what he was wearing because he left our house in the dark early morning, and when he came around the final corner I had my camera out but got all flustered and didn't get the lens cover open in time. Bridget broke it a while back and I forgot to manually open it all the way, so here's the resulting picture:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is amazing! Go Nate!! Ps.. I have your book still and I need to bring it over to you guys sometime!
Way to go Nate!
You ROCK Nate!
While I"d love to get into running myself one day, it sure is fun standing at the finish lines cheering your family on.
Good job, Nate!
Post a Comment