Nate's goal was to run it in under 2 hours, but having a newborn in the house along with the less than favorable weather this spring made training much more difficult for him the past few months. He did improve upon his time a little from the Layton half-marathon he ran in the fall, so that's definitely something to be proud of. He also seemed to recover better this time around. This time he finished in 2:10:09. That's 2 minutes 1 second faster than his Layton half time.
I also have to give myself props for making it to the finish line by 8:50 AM with both girls to watch him finish. Getting up that early as a sleep-deprived mother of a newborn and getting all three of us ready by myself was no easy task.By the way, you'll notice I'm not in the family photo, and that was on purpose. I may have gotten us to the race, but I didn't want any lasting evidence of how I looked that morning.
I should also mention how much Nate's example has influenced Bridget. She's decided she wants to run a "kids' k" this summer, so we're hoping to find one for her to do. She informed us that she needs to get some running clothes like Daddy and some Powerade to give her more power to run.
1 comment:
Good job Nate! Dustin did the Salt Lake Half this year and did a good job.
I know about a 1K in July in Bountiful as part as the July 24th Handcart Days. You can get all the information here
http://www.active.com/half-marathon/bountiful-ut/hand-cart-days-half-marathon-2011
We did a Valentine's Day 1K with Isabelle and it was super cute.
Post a Comment