Anyway, I had to take the time to post about this little girl because I want to remember things about this particular stage of life she's in. For the past few months, her imagination has been growing by leaps and bounds. I could easily say that at least half of my conversations with her every day are about things she imagines about.
It seemed to start a few months ago when I was still pregnant with Felicity. She would pretend she had a baby in her belly too. And her baby was also going to be named Felicity. For a little bit that was the extent of it. Everything she pretended was about babies, but over the summer it's evolved into much more than that.
For example, she likes to tell me about her "grandchildren." When she first told me about them they lived on Drury Lane (you know, by the Muffin Man). But depending on the day they may live somewhere else. They also seem to celebrate their birthdays quite often, and their ages can move in either direction. One day they're 5, then 15, and then 4. And there's 4 of them - all the same age.
She also likes to tell me about her pretend best friend, Mora. Mora is her same age, and does everything that Bridget does. Lately she's been talking about Mora more than anything or anyone else.
In her little imaginary world, she also has a job. She used to work at Flying J (just like her dad did) but now she works at Zions (just like her Dad does). And she also has some coworker named Kelly.
This is such a fun stage, and I love to hear all of her stories even if they aren't real.
1 comment:
I just finished reading all of the Anne of Green Gables series, so that reminded me of Anne Shirley. So cute :)
Post a Comment