Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kimberly's Birthday

It's true. I'm now another year older, and hopefully wiser too. My birthday ended up being pretty low-key, but it was great nonetheless.

Although I told Felicity that all I wanted for my birthday was for her to sleep through the night, she opted not to give me that gift. The kids did sleep in allowing me to as well, and that at least helped with my sleep deprivation. Then Nate and I made one of our favorite breakfasts - Crunchy French Toast. The morning and afternoon were spent doing typical Saturday activities which included Nate taking Bridget shopping with him for my birthday present - a flat panel TV for our bedroom.

As I debated about where I wanted to go to dinner, the place that sounded the best was Cafe Zupas. I know gourmet soups, salads, and sandwiches don't sound like a very exciting birthday dinner, but I love that place. Afterward we headed to Coldstone to pick up a birthday cake, and then took it home to eat it.

After getting the girls ready for bed, we just hung out waiting for it to get dark because I was fortunate enough to have my birthday fall on the night our city was putting on fireworks. I know this sounds crazy to some people, but this was actually Bridget's first time watching fireworks (at least the first time since she was an infant). Her sleep has always been more important to us than fireworks, and we would have let her stay up a couple of other times this summer for them, but she opted not to take naps those days. Anyway, she took a nap on my birthday, so she got to stay up and see them. She loved them, and I'm pretty sure she thinks they did them just because it was my birthday. It was a great way to end the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kimberly!! Thanks for coming to celebrate with Lynette and Aaron. As always it was great to see you. Love you forever, Linda

Emily said...

I know this is way late but Happy Birthday!