Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Best and Worst Part of Autumn

With 4 large trees in our yard, every fall we do A LOT of raking. I know some people prefer to wait until all of their leaves have fallen to rake them up, but not me. I don't mind raking too much (at least the first few weeks of fall), and I hate the mess they make in the yard as well as having them get tracked into my house creating an even larger mess so we (mainly me) do a lot of raking. It's my goal every week to make sure our garbage dumpsters are packed completely full. The other day I was outside mowing up as many as I could and Bridget wanted to help so I let her use the rake. When I went to empty the mower bag, this is what I discovered:
She'd raked up a nice pile of leaves for herself to play in.

I love this girl and the good helper she is! Too bad we still have 3 of the 4 trees left to clean up after.

No comments: