Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bridget's Birthday

With Bridget's birthday on a Sunday this year, she got to celebrate all weekend. On Saturday, we went bowling with Aunt Megan, Aunt Jessica, Uncle Matt, and cousin Colin.
We also had a little pizza and pop while we bowled.
On her actual birthday, we celebrated with a chocolate princess cake (her choice). I must admit I was very rushed on time, so it's not as beautifully made as I would have liked, but she thought it was great so I guess that's all that really matters.
We even made her wait all day to open her presents. She got a doll house complete with the family and furniture, a Barbie corvette, a doll size pack-n-play, a book, and a new jacket. That panda mask she's wearing in the picture was actually a birthday card. Notice in the pictures she's wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It was by no means warm that day, but she dressed herself after we got home from church and that's what she wanted to wear.
As kind of a sad side note, I had planned to take her to a local restaurant/tea room that does princess tea parties where the kids can dress up and eat and drink all sorts of yummy stuff. So Monday, after her checkup at the pediatrician we headed there only to find that it was closed. After some investigating, I learned that it had closed about a week earlier due to some financial and health reasons of the owner. We were both so bummed.

A couple of days after her birthday, Grandma and Grandpa came for a very, very quick visit. She loved the Rapunzel doll they gave her.
Happy birthday to the sweetest 4-year-old! We love you, Bridget, and are so lucky to have you in our family.

Her 4-year-old stats:
Height: 43.5 inches (98th percentile)
Weight: 45.8 lbs. (96th percentile)

1 comment:

Amber Jenks said...

I can't believe she is 4 already. And Nate 35? Crazy. She is such a cute girl!