Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Festivities

Our Halloween festivities actually started a couple of weeks ago when we made and decorated some sugar cookies with Megan, as seems to be our tradition. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures.

On the 28th, we had an evening filled with Halloween fun at my cousin Cat's house. My Aunt Jennine invited us over for pumpkin carving (which we missed due to Felicity's nap), dinner in a pumpkin, bingo, a scavenger hunt for the kids, and pin the nose on the pumpkin. We had a great time, and once again I failed to take any pictures. :-(

We ended up carving our pumpkin as part of our FHE the following night, and here's how it turned out:
 

On Halloween, Bridget's preschool teacher put on a Halloween Carnival which included the kids performing their Halloween songs.
Bridget is standing next to her friend Kaleb, as usual.
 
And now for a better look at our little princesses. This little photo shoot was just as difficult as I thought it would be since getting Felicity to stand still or smile on command is nearly impossible.

Our little Cinderella

Our beautiful Rapunzel

Magically, I was able to capture one decent picture of the two of them together actually looking at the camera.

Most of our attempts looked more like this with Felicity running away from Bridget as fast as she could.
This year, I made both of their costumes which meant I had to start in August to make sure I'd have them done in time and without a bunch of stress. Felicity's dress was my first attempt to make something this detailed without a pattern. I followed an online tutorial which was somewhat helpful although I had to change a few things. It certainly was a learning experience and not something I would attempt again on such a little person who refuses to try things on during the process. Needless to say, I had to pull things apart and redo the dress 3 times to finally get the fit right due to her lack of cooperation. At least it turned out in the end.

No comments: