Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Nate's Birthday

I'm big on birthdays, and Nate is not. This year his birthday was more low-key than what I prefer, but that's because I was lame and didn't get my act together as far as planning. He didn't complain though since that's how he likes it.

He took the day off of work since he's trying to use up his vacation days before the end of the year (they don't carry over into next year). We didn't do anything super exciting, but we did enjoy some nice family time together. We started the day off with a nice breakfast - Baked Pumpkin French Toast. Nate and the girls spent a good chunk of time raking the millions of leaves that continue to fill our yard. It certainly wasn't fun for him, but at least the girls got to enjoy that part. He did manage to squeeze in a much deserved afternoon nap while I was busy making his cake. For dinner, we opted to try Union Grill, a local restaurant that I'd never been to and he hadn't been to in years. We were both disappointed with the food, so we probably won't be heading back there again. At least we got to come home to a delicious carrot cake. His birthday presents were also kind of lame - new black dress shoes, compression shorts for running, and a new polo shirt.

As a side note, his birthday fell on election day this year (and a Presidential one at that). Too bad our candidate of choice didn't win. We did enjoy watching the election coverage though since it was a close race.

I'll have to do better at making next year a better birthday celebration. Happy birthday, Nate!!

No comments: