Saturday, February 2, 2013

Girls With Curls

If I had a dollar for every time someone asks us where Felicity's curly hair comes from, I'd be a rich woman. People who knew me prior to about 10 years ago know the answer to that question. It was about 10  years ago that I discovered the miracle of ceramic flat irons and have straightened my crazy curls nearly every day since. With as naturally curly as my hair is, I knew it would be impossible for me to have children with straight hair, and so far I've been right.

I thought it would be fun to do a picture comparison between me as a child and my girls with all of our curls at their finest.
Age 3 -  The curliest my hair has probably ever been

About  Age 2 - Her hair finally filled in and started getting long enough for an Afro just before she turned 2 and got long enough by about 2-1/2 that the curls started to relax a little.

18 months - Her hair was curly by about 10 months and she's had a head full of tight curls ever since. Her hair is much curlier than Bridget's ever was.
So there's the proof. There's no doubt about where their curls come from, and I'm sure that someday they'll hate me for it.

1 comment:

Desaray said...

So who did you get your curls from?