Sunday, June 9, 2013

7th Anniversary

This year we decided to celebrate our anniversary without our children by going on a real date - and not just any date. We left them overnight! This was a first for us, and especially me. Since Bridget was born 5.5 years ago, I've never been away from my kids at night. Nate's been away on a couple of business trips before, but for me it was a new experience. Even when Felicity was born, I had her brought into my hospital room to eat during the one night I was there. 

Needless to say, it was nice to have a little time away from our kids. Nate's parents came down for a couple of days and watched them for us which was great. Our girls love all the time they can get with Grandma and Grandpa. Friday night we headed to Salt Lake and went to dinner at The Garden Restaurant. The food was really good, and since the weather was perfect, we walked through the City Creek Center afterward. We also got some dessert at Kneaders and took it back to our hotel. We decided to splurge and stay the the Grand America, which was fun too.

Saturday morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the hotel before heading back to pick our girls up so Nate's parents could do the errands and things they needed to that day. It would have been nice to have a little more time away, but it was also nice to be home with the girls again. It's amazing how much I always miss them even when I'm only away from them for a few hours.

The view of downtown SLC from our hotel room balcony.
Sunday was our actual anniversary, so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try one of the many cake recipes I've been wanting to try. This one is called Pumpkin Dream Cake and is a pumpkin cake with cinnamon maple cream cheese frosting. It was very moist, a little more dense then I prefer, but delicious.


Overall, we had a wonderful weekend. Happy 7th Anniversary to us!

No comments: