Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Our Father's Day celebration this year was simple but nice. Amidst all the church meetings we were able to enjoy a nice breakfast and lunch/dinner together as a family. And since special occasions give me the opportunity to try yet another new cake recipe, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I did give the option of pie since he's more of a pie than cake person, but he also loves the pineapple and coconut combination so I went with cake. It ended up being a good choice, and we all enjoyed it for several days.
Pina Colada Cake

A moist and delicious coconut cake with pineapple filling and a coconut cream cheese frosting

Nate didn't get to open up an actual gift this year because he took forever making up his mind about what he wanted. I presented him with 3 very good options, but he didn't actually decide until Father's Day. Two-and-a-half weeks later, it arrived - a video baby monitor that we can view either on the computer or our phones. He's been in technology heaven ever since with his new gadget, and we both enjoy taking peeks at Felicity in her bed.

At this point, it would seem appropriate to have a picture of Nate with the girls, but since remembering to take pictures is not one of my strong points this post will have to do without one.

Nate is a wonderful father, and I'm so grateful for all of the help he constantly gives me with the girls. Happy Father's Day!

No comments: