The Sunday before Halloween, my Aunt Jennine invited us over to participate in the Halloween activities and dinner she does with her kids and grandkids. It was lots of fun and we appreciated being included.
The day before Halloween was the Halloween party at church. For the first time in 4 years, I didn't have to be in charge of or help out with the party. There was a costume parade, chili cook-off, and trick-or-treating.
On Halloween, Bridget got to wear her costume to school for the costume parade there and had a Halloween party that afternoon. That evening we did a little trick-or-treating in our neighborhood and then took the kids to see Nate's Aunt Linda as we always have. This was the first Halloween since Nate's Grandma passed away, and I have to admit it was sad to not make our usual stop to see her too.
Here's the kids in their costumes:
Once again, I made Bridget's costume. She chose Merida from Disney's Brave this year. And yes, the red actually washed out of her hair very easily.
With Felicity's crazy curls, she makes the perfect Annie. I even showed her some clips from the movie so she would know who Annie was. Having a new baby made getting costumes made a lot more difficult this year, so my super-amazing friend Sandy (mentioned at the beginning of this post) helped me out with this one. I handed her all the materials and some measurements, and she whipped this dress up in an afternoon. Love it!
Not many people got to see Dayton's cute costume since he slept through the Halloween party covered up in his car seat, but he still needed to be cute for his first Halloween. He's definitely the cutest skeleton I've ever seen. I picked this costume up at a consignment sale for $2! Next year, he'll get a handmade costume too.
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:
Cute costumes. Isabelle was Merida too; however, her costume was in no way homemade. I wish I had your sewing skills. :)
Post a Comment