Thursday, November 14, 2013

1 Month Old


It's amazing how the last month of pregnancy truly feels like an eternity yet the first month of Dayton's life has flown by. Maybe part of that has to do with the fact that most of my days and nights all seem to blend together, and I'm lucky if I know what day of the week it is let alone the date. And maybe part of it has to do with the fact that taking care of 3 little kids is busy and exhausting.

Dayton continues to be a good baby. He's been a very good sleeper and eater, although we did have a few feeding issues after we got home from the hospital. I think he had the pacifier a little too much once we got home and that combined with me being engorged made for a tricky couple of days, but we got it figured out.

He's currently eating every 3-4 hours, but it seems more frequent just because his feedings take so long. I must admit I didn't realize how spoiled I was that the girls were such fast eaters (15 minutes usually). Dayton is usually 25-30 minutes and sometimes longer. When I'm up with him in the night (usually twice), I'm lucky if I can feed and change him and be back in bed in 30 minutes. Sometimes it can take almost an hour. It will certainly be nice when that time between feedings grows or if he happens to get faster at eating.

It took a little over 3 weeks for his cord to fall out, so he didn't get to enjoy a real bath in the baby bathtub until just recently. He always cries right when I put him in, but then he loves it and cries when I take him out.

For the first 3 weeks he preferred to be held if he was awake, but he's now starting to enjoy sitting and staring at things and people more from the swing or bouncer.

We certainly love this little guy, and hopefully the next few weeks bring longer of stretches of sleep at night because this tired momma really needs it.

No comments: