Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Conversations with Felicity


I love this girl! And right now she's at the stage where her language and comprehension are growing by leaps and bounds which makes for some hilarious and cute conversations. Here's a few we've had lately:

Even though it's been nearly 3 months since Christmas, she still talks about Santa quite frequently. She likes to tell me that he lives at the North Pole (and points north), that he says ho ho, how she saw him at Kneaders but wouldn't sit on his lap, that he's nice and she sat on his lap at the church and he gave her a Curious George book, and that she really wants to go to Santa's house. It makes me wonder if the Santa conversations will die down as the year goes on. Knowing her, probably not, and she'll just be extra excited when Christmas rolls around again.

A few weeks ago, I was sitting in the living room, and Felicity came running down the hall carrying a small picture of Jesus. She showed it to me and said, "Mom, I found Jesus. I love Him. He's my favorite." I responded, "I love Him too. Do you know Jesus loves you too?" "Yes, Jesus loves me and I love Him," she replied.

For the past month or so, Felicity has been very interested in discussing heaven with me. We talk about who's in heaven (Jesus, Heavenly Father, my mom, etc.). Then she likes to talk about how she lived in heaven before she was in my belly and came to our family. She has to also remind me that Bridget and Dayton were in heaven too before they were in my belly. Last week we were discussing this topic for probably the 10th time this month. This time when we talked about who was in heaven, we went through the usual list and then she started talking about the Lamanites. She told me they were wicked, they killed people, and that Jesus doesn't like wicked people. Then she went back to talking about how she and her siblings lived in heaven before they came to us and that Jesus took good care of her. I guess she's been paying more attention lately as we've been reading the Book of Mormon together as a family.

Like I said, heaven seems to be on her mind a lot lately. A couple of weeks ago, she'd just woken up from her nap, and as I was hurrying to get her ready to go pick Bridget up from school. She had a really sad expression on her face, so I asked her what was wrong. She started crying and with tears streaming down her face she said, "Mom, I really miss Jesus." That melted my heart a little, and I said, "I miss him too." We continued to get ready to go and a few minutes later she started crying about it again. I told her it was okay because Jesus misses her too.

It's conversations like these that make my day and make me feel like I'm not doing too bad of a job teaching and raising my children. It also helps make up for the times when she drives me crazy by asking 5000 questions every day and quite often the same questions over and over that I've already answered.

No comments: