Sunday, April 6, 2014

Felicity's 3rd Birthday

Personally, I love celebrating birthdays, so I do my best to make them a big deal. Felicity happened to be looking forward to hers for a few months now, so I was happy to make it a fun day for her.

Her birthday fell on a Sunday this year which also means it's General Conference. That made it a little more challenging since we couldn't go out to eat and had to plan things around Conference. But we did start the day off with our traditional birthday cake pancakes complete with candles.
I should also mention she was pretty sick with a nasty cold thanks to the RSV that ran through all three of our kids. It's no fun to be sick on your birthday, and we even had to take her to urgent care the night before because she had an ear infection.

We made the best of everything and had a few family members and neighbors over for cake and homemade ice cream that night. One of her presents was a scooter (the only request she made for a present).

She also got some jewelry since she's always borrowing/stealing Bridget's.

I had so much fun making her cake. It was certainly a labor of love, but it turned out better than I thought it would, and it was delicious. She still loves Curious George more than any other cartoon. I love the cheesy grin on her face in this picture.
 
And here's a video of the last half of the birthday song. It sometimes takes me a bit to remember how to take videos on our new camera which is why it's missing the beginning.
 

Her other gift was a swing set. Felicity loves to swing, and a couple of weeks before her birthday I asked our good friends and neighbors, Brian and RaeAnn, if they wouldn't mind helping us pick up a used swing set for her if I could find one we wanted on the local online classifieds. They were happy to help, and they absolutely love Felicity. Brian actually found this one for us for FREE, picked it up, hid it at their house, and then helped Nate assemble it a couple of days before her birthday. Both of the girls LOVE it and have spent hours on it already.
 
Happy birthday to our favorite 3-year-old in the whole world!
We love you, Felicity!

No comments: