Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Weekend

Holidays always seem to be full of lots of activities which can sometimes get a little hectic, but I like to look at it as lots of family time and lots of memories. Here's several pictures from our busy Easter weekend.

We had a great time dyeing eggs. It was Felicity's first time because we used to do it during her nap time when she would have been more of hindrance than a help. She loved it, and did pretty well. As usual, they wished there were many, many more eggs to dye.


Saturday evening we went to our dear friends the Underwoods for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. Unlike traditional hunts, any eggs the kids found had to be put in someone else's basket instead of their own.



As for the big day...we went to church, of course. The girls were so excited to wear their new dresses. I wish that I would have had time to make their outfits, but that just wasn't going to happen this year. Instead I chose a color scheme and bought them. I love how this picture turned out. Every time I look at it, I can't help but think how lucky we are to have such cute kids.


After church, we went to Nate's Aunt Linda's for lunch and an egg hunt. The weather was gorgeous, so the kids rode in a trailer behind the RZR to the river bottoms for the hunt.

 

Finally, we headed directly to my Aunt Jennine's house for the annual decorating of the chocolate marshmallow eggs and some visiting with my extended family. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures.

It was definitely a busy couple of days, but the kids enjoyed every minute of it. It was wonderful to spend time with both sides of our families as well as good friends.

No comments: