Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Kimberly's Birthday and Ogden Temple Open House

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday this year. We spent the day together as a family, kept busy but not too busy, and made some great memories.

When we found out a few months ago that the Ogden Temple House would be taking place this month, I immediately knew that's what I wanted to do for my birthday. Nate took the day off work, and it was a Wednesday so we knew it wouldn't be insanely busy and easy to make the ticket reservation. Our neighbors and friends across the street, RaeAnn and Brian, came with us which was fun since Brian is a member of our church but not active and RaeAnn is not a member at all. It was just a walking tour, but the line moved at a pretty rapid pace  - almost too fast to really enjoy it. It is absolutely beautiful and so different from the old Ogden Temple they tore down. Afterward we took some pictures:

Notice that Felicity's dress is wet in this picture. Within a couple of minutes of coming out of the temple, she quickly ran to the fountain nearby. As soon as she saw the coins people had thrown in, she wanted to try and get them, and I was 3 seconds too late from stopping her from falling into the fountain.

In the tent outside, they offered a free picture in front of a photo background of the temple.

After the temple, we headed home for lunch, a nap for Dayton, and I ran a couple of errands by myself while Nate made my birthday cake.

That evening we tried out a restaurant that was new to us (Taggart's Grill) because of its rave reviews. It was about a half an hour drive up Weber Canyon to get there, but so worth it. The food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was beautiful. The kids enjoyed walking around the outside and enjoying the peacocks that roam around as well as the koi pond. We will definitely go there again - hopefully without kids next time.

Happy birthday to me! Nate made that beautiful and delicious carrot cake from scratch. Dayton tried with all his might to stick his hands right in it while we took a couple of pictures.

Because I love to both give and receive practical gifts, Nate got me just what I asked for - a new diaper bag and also a new pair of nice flip flops.

No comments: