Even though I don't love Halloween, I do love helping the kids decide what they want to dress up as and then making all their dress-up hopes and dreams come true by making the costumes myself. I don't often have time to sew for fun (anything other than mending/altering), and Halloween forces me to make it a priority. I also love that our kids are still of the age that they love to dress up and don't mind dressing up with a family theme.
Truth be told, they would have loved to dress up as the Frozen characters Elsa, Anna, and Olaf, but I convinced them it would be better to wait another year or two because there would be a million kids dressed that way this year. Thankfully, they agreed to be a little more unique. Since I've made several of the Disney princess costumes already, we opted to go with yet another and chose a Little Mermaid theme this year.
 |
| Our mean sea witch, Ursula |
 |
| The cutest Ariel ever |
 |
| Our adorable Flounder |
I was thrilled with how the costumes turned out. Normally, I'm a sew from a pattern kind of person, but this time I made all three without any. I used an online tutorial for Felicity's costume and found some pictures I tried to imitate to make Bridget's and Dayton's. It also made it pretty easy when the base of both of the girls' costumes was a leotard and Dayton's was a hoodie.
Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment