Thursday, November 6, 2014
Nate's Birthday
Nate had to work on his birthday this year, so we kept our celebration pretty low-key (which he prefers anyway). We went out to dinner and then came home for cake and ice cream. He's always nice to let me experiment with new recipes for his birthday, but there's always the dilemma of cake vs. pie. He prefers pie, but I prefer cake and have many more cake recipes than pie recipes I want to try out. In the end. I made a caramel apple cake with apple cider frosting. It was good but probably not one I would make again. Our friends Sandy and Bill also stopped by to join us for cake and ice cream.
As for his presents...his main gift was a 6 month membership to a massage place in hopes that it would help with his headaches and the knots he always has in his upper back. And since I needed to give him something he could actually open, he got a new pair of slippers. Happy Birthday, Nate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment