Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mommy's Girl

Yesterday Bridget and I had one the best days yet since she was born. She took several naps, we got out of the house, and she was very content in her bouncer on the kitchen counter watching me do some baking for church and Nate's work.

Bridget had so much fun during our baking extravaganza that she had to take a nap in the middle of it.

She was all smiles during her diaper change as usual.

Last night was a different story. I had to leave her with Nate while I went to Enrichment for a little over an hour, and she wanted nothing to do with him. I felt bad because she cried most of the time I was gone, but I told Nate not to take it personally - it's just because he doesn't smell like milk. She's definitely more of a mommy's girl right now, but I'm sure that will change in a few months. I figured out this morning that she was probably fussy because she needed to eat more often than usual...apparently she's having another growth spurt. She slept for a little over 10 hours straight last night (9 pm-7:15 am)...a new record! I realize this is every parent's dream, and I am grateful she sleeps so well at night (it's just not so comfortable for me as a breastfeeding mom).

3 comments:

Emily and Dustin said...

So, Kimberly...have you found any techniques to help relieve your uncomfort when you haven't had to breastfeed Bridget for a long time?? : ) ha ha ha If so...do tell...I'm sure the rest of us girls would love to know your secret!

Emily and Dustin said...

Oh, another question I have - Bridget's bow is always in place on her head. How in the world do you manage that? Is there some special kind of glue out there?? : ) Do tell!

April said...

Oh boy I know how you feel with the breastfeeding, Mason sleeps 9-10 hours pretty consistently now, but forget me being able to sleep that long! hahaha, Bridgette sure is cute, I love the cheeks :)