Thursday, February 21, 2008
Shaking Bed
About 7:15 this morning I was laying in bed half asleep listening to Bridget stirring in her room and not wanting to get up when it dawned on me that the bed was shaking slightly. I ignored it at first thinking I was imagining things in my sleepy state but continued to feel it to the point that I sat straight up in bed. In my mind I was wondering if I was feeling an earthquake (which is a definite possibility living on a fault line) but looked around and nothing else appeared to be shaking, so I decided I was just crazy even though I felt it for about a minute or so. I forgot about the whole incident until later this evening when Nate asked me if I heard about the big earthquake in Wells, Nevada today. Wells is about 180 miles west of Salt Lake, and the earthquake measured 6.3 on the Richter scale. What I felt this morning were apparently aftershocks. It's nice to know I'm not crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey I had those same thoughts about the quake. It was so weird to feeling the bed shaking and I also thought I must be a little crazy. :)
Post a Comment