I'm only sharing this story because I'm hoping I'll find it humorous later, but I'm still trying to recover from the most disgusting diaper I've ever had to change in my life. Until just a little while ago, Bridget hadn't pooped in a week (for those who don't know, it's okay for breastfed babies to poop that infrequently). This is the longest she's ever gone, and so I knew it would be a doozie when it happened. I was just hoping it would happen when Nate was home, but no such luck. Within 15 minutes of getting her dressed it happened. Not an inch of her diaper was left untouched by the nasty stuff so the only place it could go was up her back. She's had several blowouts in her nearly 5 months of life, but nothing like this. It took 5 baby wipes to get her somewhat clean, but I had to put her in the bathtub to really get it all. I still need to go clean her onesie, outfit, and the changing pad protector. I seriously hope she doesn't make this a habit. And I've decided Nate gets to change all of her diapers this weekend.
So here's Bridget enjoying her bath after the whole mess. I think she's giving me that look because she didn't want a nude picture taken of herself, but I think it's pretty cute. She kept turning herself somewhat diagonal in her tub and dangling her leg out the side.

3 comments:
hahaha, that is crazy. I have to say I am a little jealous, because I have heard that babies are able to go a few days with out pooping, but Mason never does that... there are at least 2-3 poopy diapers a day. Though I guess is this is the alternative, hahaha, gross. I am definitely in favor of Nate doing all the diapers on the weekend!!!
Classic story. Makes me SO want to have kids! The picture of Bridget could not get any cuter. She's definitely posing for the camera. Nate...be good and do all the diapers over the weekend. Kimberly is in charge of commenting on the blogs, you're incharge of weekend diapers! :)
That's pretty gross but when you look at her being all adorable in the tub it must make it worth it otherwise no one would have kids. lol
Post a Comment