Sunday was obviously my first Mother's Day, and Bridget was so excited for me to open my presents that she woke us up at 6:30 that morning. So I got to lay in bed while Nate passed me presents to open. He and Bridget did a great job and got me an angel food cake pan, a hand blender, and a beautiful necklace of a mother and child. Then Nate and Bridget headed to the kitchen to make waffles while I went back to sleep for another half hour. After church, we went on a walk to the cemetary to put some flowers on my mom's grave and then headed to Nate's family's party. It was a fabulous first Mother's Day, and I now have a much better understanding of why we celebrate our mothers. 

3 comments:
I'm glad you two were able to do that for your mom. It's a great way to remember her. I'm glad you had a nice 1st Mother's Day! Tell Nate he needs to give Jason some pointers!
That's an awesome way to honor your mom. Bridget is an excellent gift giver I'm super proud!
Sounds like you had an awesome Mother's Day. I'll bet your favorite part was waking up at 6:30 AM on Sunday!
Post a Comment