Friday, June 27, 2008

7 Months

Bridget is 7 months old today and here's a little of what she's doing these days:
  • She is still toothless, but I think a tooth must be on its way soon because her drooling has drastically increased this past week. I didn't think it could get much worse than it's been the last three months, but I was wrong.

  • She's loving eating solid foods and doesn't seem to be a picky eater at all. She eats anything I give her so it's hard to tell if she has favorites, but they seem to be sweet potatoes, peaches, oatmeal, and rice cereal.

  • Prior to this week Bridget didn't move around in her crib at all. All of sudden she's figured out that she can roll around on her mattress just like she does on the floor and now we find her sleeping on her tummy on occasion.

  • Her favorite thing to do is to practice standing and walking while holding onto someone's hands. Quite often as she's sitting on the floor playing, she'll lose interest in her toys and turn to us and reach out to grab our hands so she can pull herself up to a standing position. As soon as she accomplishes this task she gets a huge grin on her face, and then she gets mad and fusses if we stop before she is ready to be done.

  • Her biggest accomplishment of all has definitely been sleeping through the night consistently as mentioned in a previous post. She's doing so well at going to sleep on her own at night and for naps, and she consistently sleeps for 10-11 hours at night!! She is a much happier baby these days, and I'm a much happier mom.

4 comments:

twede said...

She is getting so grown up! That is a darling picture of her. I love the huge smile! I'm glad she is still sleeping well for you. That definatly does make a happy mom:)

Emily and Dustin said...

She is so friggin' cute! That outfit is adorable! Yay for solid foods, standing up, rolling over in bed, etc. She's growin' up so fast!!!!!!

Tanya said...

Kimberly! I am so glad I found your blog. I am terrible at facebook :( But I get how to use blogger so this is going to be so fun! Your Bridget is a doll! Love her! What a cute family you have!

Candice said...

My goodness Bridget is so cute. I think it's time for me to babysit again! :D