Today was Nate's first Father's Day, and although it wasn't too exciting, I think we had a pretty good day. It got off to a not so great start though because I didn't remember that it was Father's Day when I woke up and didn't remember to say or do anything until we'd been up for about an hour. Nate was grumpy and kept saying he was just tired but really he was mad that I hadn't wished him a happy father's day or done anything special yet. After I came out of my morning fog and realized the problem, I quickly gave him his gifts and apologized. Sadly, with 9:00 church and my forgetfulness I didn't have time to make him breakfast and he actually made it for me. We spent the rest of the day with Nate's family eating good food and visiting.Nate is an amazing dad, and I always knew he would be. He loves playing with Bridget and can get her to laugh and smile without much effort. For the last few weeks he's also been great at getting up with Bridget when she wakes up at night because he does much better without good sleep than I do. And as you can tell from the pictures, they also enjoy taking naps together.
2 comments:
Happy Father's Day, Nate! You're totally a great dad. I hope you had a great day (even if you did have to make yourself breakfast!)
Hey there! I am sorry that I did not send this to you earlier, but Happy Father's Day!! I actually did think about calling you but then I forgot...I guess I am not alone in the forgetfullness area (is that a word?) Anywho, I love you all and hope you had a great Father's Day.
Post a Comment