Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

We've never really been into celebrating Valentine's Day much, but this year I decided it was time to do a little something special because Bridget seemed to show some interest after hearing advertisements and other people talk about it. For several days beforehand, she asked if it was "Valentime's Day" yet, so she was pretty excited when it finally rolled around. When I picked her up from daycare that day, she knew it was here because the woman who watches her had a banner and some decorations up in her house.

So what did we do? Really nothing too exciting, but it was enough for her. We made some delicious chocolate cupcakes and made some chocolate dipped strawberries to go on top (and just to snack on, of course). Then I helped Bridget make a card for Nate.
We surprised him with our treats, and then I made one of his favorite meals for dinner - meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables.

If we hadn't already made heart-shaped sugar cookies a couple of times during the couple of weeks before, I might have continued my mother's Valentine's Day tradition of making individual giant heart-shaped sugar cookies with everyone's name on them. But I needed some variety, so that will have to wait until next year.

No comments: