Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

Today our little family and my sister Megan had the opportunity to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House in South Jordan. There certainly were a lot of people, but not nearly as many as what I was expecting. After watching a short video in a nearby tent, we headed inside for our walk through the temple. Bridget was pretty well behaved during the whole thing and loved looking at the many pictures of Jesus throughout the temple. Afterward we headed to another tent for water and cookies before leaving to get lunch at Paradise Bakery.

I always enjoy an opportunity to visit another temple because each is so beautful and reminds me of how fortunate we are to live close to so many. The only other open house I've been to was the Cardston, Alberta Temple after it was remodeled (I think I was around 10 at the time), and this was Nate's first open house. I also love the great opportunity they provide to teach children or those who would normally be unable to go inside a little bit about the purpose of temples.

Trying to get Bridget to look at the camera was nearly impossible because she was ready to run around by the time we were done.

Thanks, Megan, for coming with us!
I'm amazed Nate captured this great shot considering Bridget was ready to climb right into that fountain.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love temple open houses. I've been to 3 or 4 I think. I want to come to Utah to see this temple. We're very fortunate to live so close to so many temples.

The pictures are great, especially the one of the 3 of you. Love it!