Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Surprise Vacation, Part 2

Collage

Here's picture collage from some of the highlights of our trip. On the left you have Bridget with Grandpa and Grandma Waldron. Bridget's in a phase right now (at least I hope it's just a phase) where she mostly just wants her mom which disappointed Grandma, but hopefully she'll be more fun the next time we see them. Bridget also got to meet her cousins Jaxon and Tanner this trip. The top center picture is me, Bridget, Aunt Stacey, and Tanner. You can tell from some of the other pictures that Tanner enjoyed getting to know someone closer to his size. Tanner is only 5 months older than Bridget, and they're both very chubby babies as Grandpa liked to frequently point out. Jaxon, who loves to have his picture taken, is in the center with me. He always says "cheese" when his picture is being taken and then runs to go look at it on the screen on the camera. He's a very bright 3-year-old and kept us all entertained. The last day we were there was so sunny and warm that Bridget enjoyed going on a walk with Grandma in her carrier.

As mentioned in our previous post, we planned to return home Monday but we actually didn't get home until Tuesday due to an unforeseen event. At 3:30 AM Monday morning I woke up with the worst stomach flu I've ever had in my life. I'll try to spare you some of the gory details, but lets just say I threw up more times that day than I have in my entire life combined. All fluids and food were trying to escape my body at every exit plus I had a fever and my body ached so bad I felt like somebody had beat me up. Nate was so good to take care of me in the middle of the night and made me a bed on the couch right next to the bathroom and even cleaned up after me (that's true love). My biggest concern the whole time was how I was going to be able to feed Bridget in my condition. The last 2-3 weeks she has refused to take a bottle anymore and I didn't know if I would be able to produce enough milk for her since I couldn't keep anything down and was severely dehydrated. Luckily she slept until 6:30 that morning. I think we were truly blessed that day though because my body was able to produce enough to keep her satisfied and she napped a ton more than she normally does. When I woke up Tuesday morning I was feeling much better and was back to my normal self by the end of the day.

My Death Bed

Here's a picture of me "on my death bed" as I liked to proclaim many times that day.

All in all, it was great to see family but I could have done without the 2-day adjustment it took Bridget to adapt to a new place, almost dying from the flu, and how much longer it takes to travel with a baby. We'll hope for better things when we go back in July!

2 comments:

Emily and Dustin said...

Multiple exists?? That's gotta hurt! I'm glad you had a good trip. We'll for sure have the bed and breakfast available for you in July!

Candice said...

I love the picture of Bridget and Grandpa Waldron. It's totally cute.