Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend Update

Nate's sister Alysha came from St. George to stay with us over the weekend, and it was sure nice to have her here. She stepped right in and changed diapers, rocked Bridget to sleep, worked with Bridget on bottle feeding, and even watched her so Nate and I could go out to dinner. It was so nice to have some extra help and have a bit of a break. And apparently we're lame and didn't even take any pictures of them together. :-(

Speaking of bottle feeding...as I mentioned in a previous post, Bridget is having to relearn how to drink from a bottle. She used to take them just fine, but I guess I got lazy and didn't give them to her often enough so she forgot how to suck on it (it's a different tongue motion than breastfeeding). I bought some bottle nipples that are similar to her pacifier, and she seems to be getting the hang of it again.

And last of all, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. After almost dying of the stomach flu last week, Bridget and I have both caught colds (at least that's what I think it is at this point). Bridget has had some junk in her nose and a sore throat. So far I've just had a really sore throat and felt run down. Luckily, Bridget seems to be handling it very well and still smiles and laughs. I guess she's less of a wuss than her mother.

2 comments:

April said...

That sucks that you guys have been sick, yucky... I had a cold a couple a weeks ago and at the same time Mason had an ear infection, which was horrible and he wouldn't eat, arg. So I hope you all feel better soon :)

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that NOW I've read your blog. :P