We decided a few weeks ago to come to Montana and surprise Nate's parents. They haven't seen Bridget since she was 5 days old, so it was time. Although I have wanted to post about our plans, etc. I couldn't. Nate's mom gets an email any time a new post is added to the blog. We will be back home on Monday and I'll post some pictures then. This is a picture of their house (actually taken last summer) in Huson which is about 20 miles outside of Missoula.
I was nervous about how Bridget would handle the long ride in the car and being in a new environment, but it hasn't been too bad. We drove to Idaho Falls Wednesday evening and stayed with our friends Dustin and Emily. Bridget slept the entire way there, but didn't sleep quite as well that night as she normally does. She did very well in the car on Thursday too. She slept a lot off and on and didn't start getting tired of being in the carseat until we were just a few miles from Missoula. She still isn't sleeping as well at night or for naps as she does at home, but hopefully tonight will be better because we'd like a good night's rest.
Sadly our surprise didn't go quite as we'd planned. We showed up at Nate's mom's office just to discover that she'd barely left to go to a seminar. So we headed to the house to hang out until she came home. Nate finally ended up calling her and telling her we were here. She was very surprised as was his dad when he got home that night.
3 comments:
Dang! I was hoping the surprise would go off perfectly! It was fun to see you three. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
I wish I could go on a surprise vacation. Sounds like fun.
I am a fan of the new picture you have at the top of the blog :)
Post a Comment