So here's the report from the visit to the pediatrician today. Bridget currently weighs 17 lbs. 14 oz. (above the 97th percentile) and is 25 inches long (75th percentile). The surprising measurement of this visit was her head circumference - 17.5 inches which is also above the 97th percentile. When the doctor looked at her head measurement on her growth curve he asked us if we have large heads (you can stop laughing). Then he asked if it would be okay if he measured our heads and proceeded to do so using the little infant head measuring device (really you can stop laughing). Apparently there is some sort of calculation that can be done using the head measurements of the parents to determine if her large head measurement is okay for her or cause for some concern that would lead to subjecting her to some imaging tests. I don't think Nate has ever thought he has a large head, but I've always thought mine's been a little on the large side (I'm sure highly intelligent people have to have larger heads :0) Anyway, I'm really not concerned...it was just a very funny experience.And since Nate hates having his picture taken, I made him pose for this one with Bridget. Notice the drool on her chin...it's always there no matter how often we wipe it away.
3 comments:
I've always thought I had a big head. Maybe it's in the genes... =)
I'm still laughing....can't help it :)
Didn't I guess 17 lbs 12 oz? I was pretty dang close!
Post a Comment